Monday, February 25, 2008

Blow, baby, blow!

If only babies could blow their own noses. I know I'm not the first parent to wish this and I certainly won't be the last.

My poor little cutie one has a blocked honker. Her nose is stuffed up, so she can't breathe, so she blows out her binky at night so she can breathe. Then she's sad because she doesn't have her binky. So then you give it back to her, which calms her down. But then, her nose is stuffed up ...

So after doing this little dance at 5:00am for a while, I bit the bullet and took her downstairs for the dreaded nose sucking. That bulb-syringe they send home with you from the hospital? It's the Best. Thing. Ever. Only try telling that to your baby. She doesn't even like to have her nose wiped after this weekend.

Let me just say: many tissues were used before the green bulb syringe came out of storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment