Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The Runaway Bride

I can't decide whether the fiance of the runaway bride is the world's coolest guy (next to my husband) or a total sucker. I admire him for standing by his fiance, giving her back the ring, and saying people make mistakes. How secure is he to stand by her? That is so awesome.

On the other hand, the fact that she apparently bought a bus ticket a week before her "disappearance", cut off her hair and waited days while it made national news before putting her family and fiance at ease, makes me think this could be a very troubled marriage. How can you live that down?

She'll be asking him to put the toilet seat down AGAIN, or to not throw his boxers on the bathroom floor and he'll come back with "Oh yeah? At least I didn't lie to the nation about my cold feet before our wedding!" She'll lose every time. Or maybe those little things won't matter to them, with this big thing hanging over their heads.

I did read an intriguing theory in Lorraine Ahern's column in the Greensboro News & Record. She blames the whole mess on the bride's mom. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment